If you're on a supported level of z/VM a call to the support center or a visit to IBMLink may be in your future.

Gentry, Stephen wrote:
We're in the midst of a POC and are trying various avenues for doing
backups of UDB files.  Ones of these avenues is to use VMNFS on our
production VM.  I have set up an SFS server and set a user up to use
BFS.  I then point VMNFS to this area.  From the Linux running on the
IFL, I am able to mount the NFS share and copy files to it.  The problem
I'm running into is when I use BFSLIST to get a directory listing of the
area.  If I copy files that are larger than 50meg (see note below) in
size, then BFSLIST shifts the name of the file one character to the
right.  The date is also shifted. This may not seem like a big deal but
when I go to delete the file using BFSLIST, it says it cannot find the
file because the first character of the file name is blank (it may be a
non-displayable character, I don't know).  So I tried to rename the file
using the BFSLIST rename function and get the same error.  Has anyone
run into a similar situation?
Thanks,
Steve

Note: 50meg file names come through ok.  100meg files or larger do not,
they always have a blank as the first character of the file name.  I've
been trying to find files that are between 50meg and 100meg in size to
test with but I am having trouble locating them.

--
Rich Smrcina
VM Assist, Inc.
rich.smrcina at vmassist.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/richsmrcina

Catch the WAVV!  http://www.wavv.org
WAVV 2009 - Orlando, FL - May 15-19, 2009