Ours don't stare at the screens, but the messages are scraped off VM and
routed over to their monitoring sw, filtered, and acted upon if need be
(call someone usually).

They occasionally have to vary off a chpid or some disk addresses upon
request of the HW guys.  They would do a PSW restart dump if requested
by VM.  Anything that is done from the HMC, they do.

They open up tickets with vendor HW support and internal tickets for
things gone bad.

They also shutdown all the linuxes on a given lpar for backups and
restart them when backup is over (backup runs from z/OS at the moment).
They also shutdown VM and IPL it.

Marcy

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on
this message or any information herein. If you have received this