On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 5:10 PM, Mary Anne Matyaz
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Question on paging though. You're supposed to have, like twice the amount of
> allocated guest memory in paging space. So assuming I do, will I ever fill
> it up?
> IE, if I total up the memory from user direct, double it, and have that much
> paging space (though I have tripled it to be safe), can I ever fill it up?

Eventually things will fill up when you're not looking ;-)  For
example because someone was going to add the new page pack later and
forgot. Or because you have given out fairly large VDISKs for swap
that don't get used normally (you don't want to match twice the size
of all unused VDISK space in paging, I think).

On most systems there should be a lot of time to react when you have
the alert at 50% (and once you hit that threshold, you look back in
history to see how it got there and who did it, because you may have
other options than adding page space).

Rob
--
Rob van der Heij