On Monday, 07/21/2008 at 11:11 EDT, Howard Rifkind <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Thanks for the replies.
>
> No, I'm not going into VM to muck around there, home mortage, college
loans to
> pay...can afford to loose job.
>
> Well when OP1 (using PROP) is in hold mode then command submitted to the

> Operator from else where won't get executed until the hold is cleared.
Get a
> message back saying something like there is console input waiting and
nothing
> get thru until the hold is cleared.
>
> No longer important because we found  a work around but still of
interest.

This is a bit confusing, Howard.  PROP is running in OPERATOR, started by
OPERATOR's PROFILE EXEC and it should be running disconnected (in fact,
that should be the setting in SYSTEM CONFIG).  The logical operator should
be OP1, logged on and monitored by wetware (people).

And to issue commands to OPERATOR, use MSG, not SEND.  You want OPERATOR
to pick up the command and process it through the RTABLE.  If you use
SEND, it's like typing on the console and the only interesting command is
STOP.