On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 8:31 PM, Alan Altmark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Use an ENDCMD nucleus extension to check for and re-access any missing
> directories.

You mean in the SFS server to catch it when it falls in CMS Ready ?  Yuck.

And it's way more useful than just there. When we ran CMS applications
in a larger CS configuration, taking one system out would make CP find
the other route immediately. But any directories accessed in
applications were released due to this. I know we could change the
applications to write to SFS files directly rather than via a
filemode, but that's serious changes. Would be nice if CMS would just
retry the ACCESS when you need it, instead of forcing the RELEASE.
-Rob