On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 12:52:54 -0400, Hughes, Jim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wr
ote:

>Adam is pretty sensitive isn't he?
>
>I wish someone would create a WHOPPER to compete with a MAC.
>
>There is hope for the MAC users yet. The hackers have decided there are
>enough MAC's around to start creating viruses targeting them.

Not really. Still no viruses (viri?). What there have been recently is Tr
ojan Horses. Mostly based on
errors in programs that run everywhere, not in Mac OS or Mac-specific pro
grams.

There isn't much you can do about someone downloading a program and then
executing it!

At least the Mac now tells you -- "You are running this program for the f
irst time, are you sure
you want to execute it?"

Or sometimes "You just downloaded this from the Internet, are you sure yo
u want to execute it?"

I'm sure it won't last forever. But 24 years of never getting a single vi
rus at home is pretty cool. (At
work we had Code Red and all sorts of others.)

Alan Ackerman
Alan (dot) Ackerman (at) Bank of America (dot) com