On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 8:04 PM, Sue Farrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The DEFBACKUP command allows one to temporarily re-direct the backup
> destination.  Quoting from the book you may want to do this if:

Ah. That made me find the BKDIRID statement in the book, for if you
want to specify the filepool for backup already in the POOLDEF file.
At least it should avoid my problem with them all releasing the file
mode when the backup filepool is restarted (or the ISFC connection was
rerouted).
DEFBACKUP will not help me if the disk was not accessed upfront
already (and if it was, what good is it to use a filepool if the disk
is sitting there) but would be useful to handle a planned outage of
the backup filepool.
-Rob