Our previous management wanted "Windows only" also. They even had a
hardware and software group lined up to convert all the z/OS systems to
equivalent Windows systems (some sort of automated process). Luckily for
us, MF Tech Services was allowed to ask questions (in writing). They had
few answers. (Q: How to debug a failure after the fact? A: recompile the
application with debugging turned on, then single step until the error
occurs again.)

Current management likes AIX (or so it seems). z/OS is still slated to
be "sun setted", but with no time frame. I try to pitch z/VM and z/Linux
(we do have some RH/Intel systems), but nobody seems to want to hear.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.