Well, I don't have a lot of experience with the "T-Systems", but I do have
quite a bit with other FLEX-ES based systems and can say the reliability
has been very good.  I would guess that our customers had less than one
unplanned (at all hardware or FLEX-ES related) outage every 2 years.  We've
had a number of users who have run over a year without even an IPL, even
including developers who typically do "strange things" to their systems.
I won't claim a  System X box is capable of as high an availability number
as a System Z box is, but they are very capable of availability that is
very acceptable for most small to medium businesses.  Really taking
advantage of the redundancy available in a System Z takes more planning and
$$ than most small business want to put into it.   For example, very few of
these customers feel it worthwhile to invest in a second OSA or FICON
adapter which will act purely as a 'backup',  As long as the
'non-redundant' z9 BC level of availability is sufficient, then the System
X boxes are very comparable/competitive.

Mike

C. M. (Mike) Hammock
Sr. Technical Support
zFrame & IBM zSeries Solutions
(404) 643-3258
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

             "Macioce, Larry"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             m.state.oh.us>                                             To
             Sent by: The IBM          "IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU"
             z/VM Operating            <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
             System                                                     cc
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             ARK.EDU>                                              Subject
                                       Re: Interesting bit of reporting

             08/14/2008 10:15
             AM

             Please respond to
               The IBM z/VM
             Operating System
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 ARK.EDU>

With the last reply, I guess the question needs to be asked ,What was
the mtfb of the "t systems"?
Are there any subscribers here who are familiar with these systems??
Mace