I do remember something about a socket not being available a while back.
Once the socket was bound to a port, it could not used for about 2 or 4
minutes(dependent on some ip value). The port/socket would have a
"time-wait" status and could not be reused until this time had expired.

This was directly related to the number of data channels being
opened/closed.

I suspect if Fran throttles back the transfers, it may work.

Fran, look at the ftp server. Are there any messages there about these
unknown failures??

Jim Hughes
603-271-5586
"Its kind of fun to do the impossible." (Walt Disney)