There may not be a single solution to cover all of your needs.  In the VM /
TPF world, it is common to find at least the IBM VTL system in addition to
the VSSI VTAPE.

As we know, disk costs are becoming almost inconsequential; space is rather
cheap nowadays and getting cheaper still.

Not trying to advertise our product here, but as far as D/R concerns, note
that the VSSI VTAPE does have Backup and Restore Utilities, and can work
with an open (in-use) library.

Regards,

Rick Giz

[EMAIL PROTECTED]