Whilst looking through a recent version of the VM Quick Reference
manual, I came across a QUERY DATASPACE command.  We use DB2 and SFS
pools so the dataspace part got my attention.  I know both use
DATASPACE's so, I paused to check out the command.  In this case, the
command applies to SFS related stuff.  I issued a Q  DATASPACE on our
existing pools and was a little surprised to find out that none of our
pools were using DATASPACE's.  So, this got me more curious, and I did
some reading in the SFS manual.  I have all the correct entries in the
user directory for my SFS servers.

One of my assumptions is/was that VM and/or SFS will automatically load
"stuff" into dataspaces.  After doing some reading, I don't think it
does, I have to tell SFS to put directories into a DATASPACE.  The
manual recommends that SFS pools/sub-pools that are rarely updated, are
good candidates.

So, could someone clarify a little on this subject?

Thanks,

Steve