On Mon, 22 Sep 2008, Alan Altmark wrote:
<snip>
> I'm not sure what you're getting at, Glen, but it has been alleged that
> some systems do NOT convert LF to CRLF on ASCII/TEXT mode transmissions.
> Looking at Debian's ftp client and vsftpd, it would appear they do the
> right thing, but it would be great if a few folks would try various
> clients and servers and confirm the behavior.

I have had vsftpd exhibit this behaviour. There are two parameters in its
config file which control this.

ascii_upload_enable=YES
ascii_download_enable=YES

At least, this has been my experience with Fedora 9. Perhaps Debian fixes
this, or ships the vsftpd.conf with those two parameters enabled.

<snip>

--
Q: What do theoretical physicists drink beer from?
A: Ein Stein.

Maranatha!
John McKown