From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Hilliard, Chris
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 3:10 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Cloning SLES10 SP2

Curious to know if anyone has experienced issues cloning sles10 SP2
using the clone.sh script as described in "The Virtualization Cookbook
for SLES 10 SP2".  The script works perfectly the first time I invoke
it.  However, if I immediately invoke it again to clone another virtual
server, the script fails when trying to bring device 2100 online.  The
only way I can get another successful clone is to completely log off the
controller (LINUX00) and log back on and reinvoke the clone.sh script.

I haven't risen to the level of VM or Linux Guru yet and while I can
read the script and pretty much understand what's going on, I'm not
seeing what is probably obvious.  It appears perhaps something does not
get cleaned up or reset after the first cloning.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has run into this issue or if
there is something unique to my environment.

Thanks...Chris

Please see the following link for the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee E-mail
disclaimer:  http://www.bcbst.com/email_disclaimer.shtm