From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Schuh, Richard
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2008 10:37
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: [IBMVM] DIAG D4

In an attempt to process a file that arrived in the reader of a class B
machine and send the results to a third party's reader with the original
file's Origiid, the DIAG D4 subcode 0 was greeted with RC=12. The
description of this RC is:

        "ESM authorization denied or subcode X'00' issued when security
label checking is enabled."

I have about driven myself over the edge looking for a definition of
"security label". I have searched both the z/VM bookshelf and the
VM:Secure documentation and still have no idea of what constitutes a
security label or how one is assigned or acquired. Neither can I find
any mention of securing the Diagnose by any means other than privilege
class.

DIAG D4 has a subcode 4 that has the security label as a third
parameter, but that is no help until I know what it is and where to find
it. Is there anyone who would be so kind as to enlighten me?

I cannot reach the Library Server, either BookManager or PDF, at the VM
web site. I get a time-out message.

Regards,
Richard Schuh