Thanks Kris,

the path parameter is synonym with chpid. You were right, when I entered the command in the sequence below it worked

cp def cu B000 type * unitadd 00-8e cuadd 01 path b0 C0 D0 E0 Control unit configuration change completed successfully Ready; T=0.01/0.01 13:46:48
Probably the cuadd was interpreted as a chpid and therefore rejected.

Thanks again and have a nice day.

Franz Josef

Kris Buelens schrieb:
The erro looks simply like a syntax error.
- The online help (z/VM 5.3) doesn't describe a PATH parameter
- Maybe CUADD needs to be specified before PATH?