That is the first thing I've seen that would make me want to get an iPhone.

Are there TN3270 applications available for other products, such as Blackberry?
 Or is this rather unique?

Currently, I txt msg the mainframe, which routes the email to a rexx process
that then queries, or does what it is asked and emails the results back to me.
A TN3270 app would be much easier.

Back in 1999, I was driving from Springfield MO to STL on I-44.  When I got to
Rolla (half way), my cell phone started working again (remember those days).  A
client in STL had some application problems.  I pulled off at the next exit,
connected my laptop to the cell phone and dialed in (dial up lines also).
Fixed the problem, switched to monitoring the console and got back on the
highway.  I'm not smart enough to operate a keyboard while driving, but I
monitored the progress of the job for about a hour, and then disconnected the
phone.

Had the same thing happen, when I was on the beach in Clear Water FL.  People
laughed at the geek that couldn't get off the laptop.  But I was at the beach
and not in an office.  Who's laughing?

Having the ability to have a mainframe session available, is really handy.

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting

>>> Dave Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 10/24/2008 9:11 AM >>>
Found over on the IBM-MAIN list.....looks interesting:

http://www.mochasoft.dk/iphone_tn3270.htm

--
DJ

V/Soft
   z/VM and mainframe Linux expertise, training,
   consulting, and software development
www.vsoft-software.com