> Wouldn't you most likely need a VPN connection to the cell phone?
> It may work at work if the cell is connected to the work WIFI but most
> everyone nowadays has fire walls to get thru.

Don't know if this got through; data connectivity is spotty in Europe.

There is a Cisco VPN client in the latest version of the iPhone
software. Seems to work in most places that have at least GPRS data or
better(usable on GPRS; EDGE and 3G data work a lot better, but 3270 is
surprisingly usable on GPRS. Reminds me a lot of 7171 over dialup).

-- db