From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Bruce Hayden
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2008 11:52 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Verify from z/VM that a Linux guest is up

I hope that would be 'vmcp msg operator I am up and running' and not a
warning message.  Sending a warning requires CP class A, B, or C and I
hope nobody gives a Linux machine those privileges!

Terry, it sounds like you may want to look at a some system automation
software such as VM Operations manager or a similar product.

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 10:55 AM, Scott Rohling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Well - somewhere in /etc/rc3.d you could put a script that issues
'vmcp wng
> operator I am up and running!' (or wng to whatever userid will be
bringing
> them up and watching)...     hopefully, vmcp is loaded at that point..
>
> Other than capturing console messages, there is no way to know that
Linux is

--
Bruce Hayden
Linux on System z Advanced Technical Support