On Tuesday, 11/25/2008 at 07:52 EST, "Wakser, David"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Unless I am misreading things, wouldn't CP Exit 1101: Logon
> Post-Parse Processing do exactly what he needs? He would have a list of
> acceptable users in the exit, if it is any of them, he would change the
> return code. Sound too simple?

That wouldn't work.  The exit is called after the LOGON command has been
parsed, but before LOGON has actually begun.  No passwords validated and
no LOGON BY permissions have been determined yet.

Shimon's patch to HCPRPI (where ESMs are born) is the only solution I see,
but HCPRPI mods are inherently dangerous.
1) They ARE the security subsystem.
2) they must change as CP changes. [free advice:  changes are a-comin',
rollin' 'round the bend.]
3) You need HLASM

Buy an ESM or forget it.