On Wed, 3 Dec 2008, Dave Keeton wrote:

> Okay. I tried using a Windows Pee Cee for this (normally I use my linux
> workstation). I removed the first line of the exec which contained "snip
> here". This gives me a file with 2563 records like what Ed had. It was
> opened with NotePad ++ and verified that it's a Windows Text file.
>
> After ftp'ing with the Windows ftp client to z/VM and running 'exec
> upload extract a' I get the following error:
>
>   2563 +++   ?
>   2563 +++    ?
>    600 +++   temp = sourceline(l)
>    578 +++ sourcel = GetSourceLine(badline)
> DMSREX460E Error 13 running UPLOAD EXEC, line 2563: Invalid character in
> program
>
> I placed a call to CA for assistance, but was hoping I'd have it figured
> out before they call. I don't and they haven't called.   ;-)
>
> It'd be easier to just have them send me a tape, I think.
>
> Dave

Dave,

If the file is on Linux, then what I've had to do in the past is run
"dos2unix <filename>" on it to convert the file to UNIX line endings.

I then ftp to the mainframe using ASCII mode. But I also specify that it
is VARIABLE, not FIXED length records.

You might want to give that a try, if you're not too frustrated.

--
Q: What do theoretical physicists drink beer from?
A: Ein Stein.

Maranatha!
John McKown