As much as I like VM, I would not recommend running your VAL/DEV
workload in a second-level VM system under VM in your PRODUCTION LPAR.
Have at least two LPARs, PRODUCTION and VAL/DEV. Run VM in each. VM's
architecture will provide the separation to meet your 3 zone business
requirement.

If you need to run z/OS, run that in yet another LPAR, save VM for CMS
and Linux systems.

/Tom Kern