We used a service machine for that that can dispatch work to other servers:
BUSERVER and BU1 through BUn as workers.  It could work for you, but maybe
you'd need to change some REXX code (e.g. we used RACF, so we never had to
take care of passwords on LINK commands).
Send me a private note if you're interested.

At the other hand, Dirmaint -if you've got that- can clone minidisks, and it
uses worker  machines too to perform the copy.

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support