> Please take a look at the the TcpSStatus call in the TCP/IP Programming
> Reference to see if it has the details you are wanting.  That is one of
> the APIs for which no C equivalent exists, though it is possible to use
> the output of NETSTAT SOCKETS to convert a socket number to a connection
> number, and then use VMCF calls to do a TcpSStatus call in assembler.

One idea: take a look at the OpenSSL API documentation. Since that seems to
be the de facto floor SSL implementation on every other platform, similar
capabilities would probably be desirable. If you're pressed for time, that
basically boils down to exposing the encrypted state of the connection
(on/off), trust level (algorithm/strength in bits), and endpoint
verification (site/user) to the app.

If we had a way to interface with the crypto facilities (eg a CSL
implementation of the OpenCryptoKit API you supply on Linux), porting
OpenSSL to CMS would be pretty simple.