Hi, Terry.

Take a look at the SFPUGER utility; it should do exactly what you want. It's documented in Chapter 3 of the "CMS Commands and Utilities" book.

You can either run SFPURGER manually whenever you think the spool area needs to be cleaned, or you can set it up to run at set times (once a week, once a month, etc., using VMUTIL with WAKEUP).

Martin, Terry R. (CMS/CTR) (CTR) wrote:
Hi
My spool is getting a little to big and I want to clean it up. What is
the easiest way to accomplish this? Is there a command to clear files
from the spool?.
Asked as a 'new-be' but getting there!!

Thank You,

Terry Martin

Lockheed Martin - Information Technology

z/OS & z/VM Systems - Performance and Tuning

Cell - 443 632-4191

Work - 410 786-0386

terry.ma...@cms.hhs.gov

--
DJ

V/Soft
  z/VM and mainframe Linux expertise, training,
  consulting, and software development
www.vsoft-software.com