On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 7:37 PM, C. Lawrence Perkins
<vmwiz...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> I have IPGATE working just fine to access a global resource SFS Filepool on
> z/VM "System B" from a UserID on "System A", so I have proof-of-concept.

IPGATE only supports basic conversations and not mapped conversations.
If DB2 DRDA is using mapped conversations (I don't know enough about
DB2) then that might explain it.

In an earlier discussion with the author, he replied
"you could insert a call to CMECT in IPGATE1Y MTREXX (line 126) on the
source system:

address 'CPICOMM' 'CMECT cm convid cm convtype return code' ; say
"CM CONVERSATION TYPE =" CM CONVERSATION TYPE.cm convtype "rc="return code

This would reveal whether it is a mapped conversation.

-Rob