From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Alan Altmark
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 11:02 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: FTP over HiperSockets network

On Friday, 01/23/2009 at 12:20 EST, "Martin, Terry R. (CMS/CTR) (CTR)"
<terry.mar...@cms.hhs.gov> wrote:

> Is anyone running FTP on z/VM connecting to FTP server on z/OS over a
> HiperSockets network? If so can you share with me the steps to take to

get this
> working?

The general sequence is:
1. Define a HiperSocket chpid and subchannels.  Give the z/VM partition
access to three of them (at least) and bring them online.
2. Add DEDICATE statements for the three subchannels to TCPIP's
directory
entry.
3. Add DEVICE/LINK/HOME/START statements to PROFILE TCPIP.  The IFCONFIG

command can assist you if you're uncertain about the statements you
need.

But don't take my word for it!  Take a gander at the often-ignored and
always-overlooked z/VM Connectivity book in the z/VM library.  ;-)

Please note that there is an error on p.82
  IODEVICE ...,UNIT=IDQ USERPRM=(parmname,OS_num)
is incorrect.  It should read
  IODEVICE ...,UNIT=IDQ,CHPARM=(code)
where (code) has the "OS" values in the table.