Denny,

The HCP1459E message does state that this can be caused by a bad page in a
Named Saved Segment.  Try IPL 190 and see if that works.   There is no
restriction on running CMS 14 on a z10.   I was just able to bring up a
copy of CMS 14 on our z/VM development z10.

Mike Donovan

             "Burch, Aubrey D
             Mr CIV US DISA
             CDB24"                                                     To
             <denny.bu...@csd.         IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
             disa.mil>                                                  cc
             Sent by: The IBM
             z/VM Operating                                        Subject
             System                    Old CMS Checkstop Error on a 2097
             <ib...@listserv.u         z10
             ARK.EDU>

             02/04/2009 01:36
             PM

             Please respond to
               The IBM z/VM
             Operating System
             <ib...@listserv.u
                 ARK.EDU>

We are in the middle of a DR exercise where one of our 5.2 systems is ipled
on a 2097 z10. We are getting a HCPMCV1459E error when ipling CMS. This is
a CMS14 version that is specifically used for one application due to a
dependency by another vendors’ software.  The production system site
currently is on a 2096 z9 and CMS14 ipls with no problem. Does anyone know
if there is a hardware restriction caused by using the z10? We’ve tried
MACHINE XA, ESA and XC – all get the same error.

Thanks,

Denny Burch

z/VM and z/LINUX Systems.

DISA DECC Mechanicsburg