The "*" is a placeholder for the virtual address or range of
addresses.  Since this is SFS, there is no virtual address, but you
still need a placeholder.  Also note that you're forcing the directory
to be accessed as R, even if something else is already accessed as R.
You could code a range instead:  <* R-Z/A>

--
Bruce Hayden
Linux on System z Advanced Technical Support