On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 1:22 AM, Raymond Noal <raymond.n...@hds.com> wrote:

> The response I received from IBM was the result of my opening an ETR on the
> subject. To protect the innocent, I did not mention the name of the IBM
> employee who works in the z/VM I/O Development group – if that’s of any use.

To give them the benefit of the doubt, it might be that person was
maybe confused about the reason for not sharing the source code with
you.
In some cases the source is owned by another organization (inside our
outside IBM) who do not wish to disclose it. Or it may be written in a
language that IBM does not expect you to read or write (although this
one smells like compiled REXX code). Or maybe the person could not
find it and did not read enough History of VM to understand how
sensitive we are in this aspect. ;-)

If you're willing to read another language, IIRC there's something
similar with the s390-tools in Linux and that prolly ships with
source.

-Rob