VSE does, to some extent. When you SIGNAL a VSE it will show the message
in the hardcopy. But VSE itself doesn't react to the message. It is up
to the VSE (FAQS for instance) to trap the message and issue the
commands to shutdown VSE. Actually  just like linux. The SIGNAL compares
to the CTRL-ALT-DEL but it is up to linux to trap that key sequence and
switch to init.0.

Berry.