The separation of code and data is always good. Separation of IBM and
third-party is also good. Separation of test and production is even
better. The only thing I don't like is leaving stuff that will move from
one release to another on a volume labeled for a specific release. I
like having a VMTW01 and VMPW01, to separate from IBM's install/change
pattern and from test to production.

/Tom Kern