List Members,
I can use some expert advice as a first time installer of z/VM. After
reading the Guide for Automated Installation and Service, I had decided on
using the Second-Level DVD Installation method from VM Minidisk. Although,
after making a simple calculation, I realized that it would take me about
80 hours to upload all the DVD files to the First-Level minidisk. Given
that my 3270 emulation program (Extra) does not support file lists, I
decided to abandon this idea.
Since we do not have an FTP server attached to our VM systems I thought
that a First-Level DVD Installation from the HMC would make more sense. My
goal would be to install first-level and then test second-level. I am not
certain as to whether or not this sounds reasonable and if there is some
who would provide some guidance as to how this could be accomplished.
Pointing out a manual reference would be most helpful but any and all
suggestions are welcomed.
Joseph Di Pippo
Operating Systems Programmer III
FRIT Computing Services