From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Schuh, Richard
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 3:51 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Format a SPPOL VOLUME on First IPL

Look at the Features statement in your SYSTEM CONFIG. There is Auto_IPL
that can be omitted and Disable Auto_Warm_IPL that may be of interest. I
personally have never been too much in favor of a system that
automatically does a Warm Start (or any other kind, for that matter). I
think that the only place they should be employed is in a lights-out
center. If the system does the start without prompting the operator, it
is difficult to keep service machines off in a problem situation.
Besides, the operators need the practice when VM is ipled every 4 or 5
moths due to a POR.

Regards,
Richard Schuh