Your presumed answer is exactly right...   nothing special is required in
zVM.  I've installed a number of systems  (z9 and z10 using zVM 5.2, 5.3,
and 5.4)  and generally use an ICC connected terminal as the OPERATOR
console and it comes up perfectly from the first (normal) IPL.    It's just
another 3270.

The biggest 'problem' is configuring the ICC (in both the ICC and the
IOCP), and that is not much of a problem at all.

Mike

C. M. (Mike) Hammock
Sr. Technical Advisor
IBM System Z  Solutions
Mainline Information Systems
(404) 643-3258
mike.hamm...@mainline.com

             "Schuh, Richard"
             <rsc...@visa.com>
             Sent by: The IBM                                           To
             z/VM Operating            IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
             System                                                     cc
             <ib...@listserv.u
             ARK.EDU>                                              Subject
                                       ICC Support

             04/08/2009 01:28
             PM

             Please respond to
               The IBM z/VM
             Operating System
             <ib...@listserv.u
                 ARK.EDU>

I have just been asked to verify that z/VM 5.3 has no requirements in order
to support ICC. I presume that means no configuration definitions, software
to install, virtual machines to define. There are so many references to ICC
in a search of the 5.3 library, that it will take a lot of looking, a lot
of time (which I do not have unless I take it home at night) to come to a
definitive conclusion. The answer appears to be that if it is defined in
the IOCDS, VM will be happy to use it. Can someone either confirm or
disabuse me of this notion?

Regards,
Richard Schuh

This e-mail and files transmitted with it are confidential, and are
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail
is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or
agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby
communication is strictly prohibited.  If you are not one of the named
recipient(s) or otherwise have reason to believe that you received this
message in error, please immediately notify sender by e-mail, and destroy
the original message.  Thank You.
  • ... Schuh, Richard
    • ... Mark Pace
      • ... Schuh, Richard
    • ... Mike Hammock
      • ... Schuh, Richard
      • ... Martin, Terry R. (LOCKHEED MARTIN Performance Engineering/CTR) (CTR)
        • ... Mike Hammock
    • ... Quay, Jonathan (IHG)
      • ... Schuh, Richard