Hi

I am taking my first crack at building a 2nd level z/VM under my 1st
level z/VM. I tried IPLing the 2nd level and I am receiving the
following:

13:20:27 Start ((Warm|Force|COLD|CLEAN) (DRain) (DIsable)  (NODIRect)

13:20:27       (NOAUTOlog)) or (SHUTDOWN)

H HCPSED6013A A CP read is pending.

At this point I cannot enter anything in the console.

A little background on how I built this. The 2nd level is a copy of my
1st level with any needed changes to the SYSTEM CONFIG and Directory
files. The RES and Spool are copies from my first level.  Below is a
copy of my SECLVL user directory entry:

USER SECLVL SECLVL 500M 500M BCDEFG

MACHINE ESA 2

OPTION TODENABLE

IPL CMS

CONSOLE 0009 3215 T OPERATOR

SPOOL 000C READER A

SPOOL 000D PUNCH A

SPOOL 000E PRINTER A

LINK MAINT 0190 0190 RR

LINK MAINT 019D 019D RR

LINK MAINT 019E 019E RR

MDISK 191  3390 1 200 53DW01 MR

MDISK 1000 3390 0 END 53DRES MR

MDISK 12F1 3390 0 END 53DPAG MR

MDISK 12F2 3390 0 END 53DSPL MR

Now the examples in the book 'z/VM Running Guest Operating Systems'  are
using one disk broken down into multiple mdisks for RES, PAGE, and
SPOOL. I just decided to use my copy of the first level and make these
full pack mdisks as you see in the user directory. Will this approach
work? Or am I missing something.

Thank You,

Terry Martin

Lockheed Martin - Information Technology

z/OS & z/VM Systems - Performance and Tuning

Cell - 443 632-4191

Work - 410 786-0386

terry.ma...@cms.hhs.gov

  • ... Martin, Terry R. (LOCKHEED MARTIN Performance Engineering/CTR) (CTR)
    • ... Bob Bates
      • ... Michael Coffin
    • ... Wandschneider, Scott
    • ... Wandschneider, Scott