Also remove the "T OPERATOR" from your console statement

Thank you,

Scott

From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Martin, Terry R. (LOCKHEED MARTIN Performance Engineering/CTR)
(CTR)
Sent: Thursday, April 09, 2009 12:38 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Problems with IPLing a SECOND LEVEL z/VM 5.3

Hi

I am taking my first crack at building a 2nd level z/VM under my 1st
level z/VM. I tried IPLing the 2nd level and I am receiving the
following:

13:20:27 Start ((Warm|Force|COLD|CLEAN) (DRain) (DIsable)  (NODIRect)

13:20:27       (NOAUTOlog)) or (SHUTDOWN)

H HCPSED6013A A CP read is pending.

At this point I cannot enter anything in the console.

A little background on how I built this. The 2nd level is a copy of my
1st level with any needed changes to the SYSTEM CONFIG and Directory
files. The RES and Spool are copies from my first level.  Below is a
copy of my SECLVL user directory entry:

USER SECLVL SECLVL 500M 500M BCDEFG

MACHINE ESA 2

OPTION TODENABLE

IPL CMS

CONSOLE 0009 3215 T OPERATOR

SPOOL 000C READER A

SPOOL 000D PUNCH A

SPOOL 000E PRINTER A

LINK MAINT 0190 0190 RR

LINK MAINT 019D 019D RR

LINK MAINT 019E 019E RR

MDISK 191  3390 1 200 53DW01 MR

MDISK 1000 3390 0 END 53DRES MR

MDISK 12F1 3390 0 END 53DPAG MR

MDISK 12F2 3390 0 END 53DSPL MR

Now the examples in the book 'z/VM Running Guest Operating Systems'  are
using one disk broken down into multiple mdisks for RES, PAGE, and
SPOOL. I just decided to use my copy of the first level and make these
full pack mdisks as you see in the user directory. Will this approach
work? Or am I missing something.

Thank You,

Terry Martin

Lockheed Martin - Information Technology

z/OS & z/VM Systems - Performance and Tuning

Cell - 443 632-4191

Work - 410 786-0386

terry.ma...@cms.hhs.gov

Confidentiality Note: This e-mail, including any attachment to it, may contain
material that is confidential, proprietary, privileged and/or "Protected Health
Information," within the meaning of the regulations under the Health Insurance
Portability & Accountability Act as amended.  If it is not clear that you are
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this
transmittal in error, and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of
this e-mail, including any attachment to it, is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please immediately return it to the sender
and delete it from your system. Thank you.
  • ... Martin, Terry R. (LOCKHEED MARTIN Performance Engineering/CTR) (CTR)
    • ... Bob Bates
      • ... Michael Coffin
    • ... Wandschneider, Scott
    • ... Wandschneider, Scott