> Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 21:59:41 -0400
> From: lg...@vnet.ibm.com
> Subject: Re: RSCS Connections
> To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
>
> >Following David Boyes' example= set up something like:
> >
> >LINKDEF MVS1A NODE MVS1 TYPE SNANJE LUNAME MVS1ALU ASTART RETRY
> >
> >PARM MVS1A BUFF=3D3840
> >
> >LINKDEF MVS1B NODE MVS1 TYPE SNANJE LUNAME MVS1BLU ASTART RETRY
> >
> >PARM MVS1B BUFF=3D3840
> >
> >ROUTE GROUP MVS1 TO MVS1A MVS1B
> >

> I don't believe that will meet Richard's requirement. This defines
> MVS1 as a group of two nodes, MVS1A and MVS1B. All files for
> MVS1 will flow over these two links.
> Looking at the documentation, I don't see a good automated way to
> achieve Richard's goal.
>

> Best Regards,
> Les Geer
> IBM z/VM and Linux Development

I assumed (and we know what can happen when we assume) that MVS1(a) and MVS1(b)
were in a shared MAS configuration. Richard will need to clarify.

As an alternative, I wonder if DVIPA could be employed here? The RSCS system
would use a TCPNJE link to "MVS1", whose IP address could move between MVS1(a)
and MVS1(b). I confess that I don't know if JES TCPNJE can exploit DVIPA.

A reason I suspect that this must be a share MAS configuration is that files
need to be able to flow from JES to RSCS from either MVS1(x) system. Again,
need clarification.

Mark Wheeler

http://windowslive.com/online/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_more_042009