From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Tony Thigpen
Sent: May 21, 2009 10:13
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: z/VM 5.4 VSAM question

Alan,
Interesting thought, intercepting the VSAM calls and redirecting to VSE.

That, of course, assumes that the customers are concerned with using
CMS/VSAM to access VSE held files.

So, the question is: Are people using CMS/VSAM for CMS only
applications, OR, are they using it to share data with VSE?

Before I, or any other vendor, would develop a new product, we would
need to see a market.

So, anybody who thinks they would be willing to shell out money for a
new, fully supported, vendor product that lets you read VSE/VSAM files
from VM, with no changes to existing programs using CMS/VSAM, send me an

email off-list. Just to make it interesting, think $10k-$15k a copy. Due

to other projects, figure 18 months until availability.

Tony Thigpen