I am having difficulty with the password envelope portion of the LDAP &
RACF configuration. I have created my keyring, created my certificates,
exported certificates... but when I attempt to test it by changing the
OPERATNS user's password (which should cause the password to be
enveloped, I get the following error in LDAPSRV's console:

IRRC130I SYSTEM SSL FUNCTION '2'X RETURNED ERROR CODE '3353009'X DURING
OPERATION NUMBER '4'X WHILE PROCESSING THE PASSWORD ENVELOPE FOR USER
OPERATNS.

The possible cause, according to IBM, is "The key database or the stash
file is not found." When I look at the BFS directory, I can see the
files, but I have to wonder if the permissions are correct:

Directory = '/'
User ID    Group Name  Permissions Type  Path name component
ldapsrv    DEFAULT     rwx r-- ---  D    'gdbm'
ldapsrv    DEFAULT     rwx r-- ---  D    'ldbm'
ldapsrv    DEFAULT     rwx r-- ---  D    'schema'
tcpmaint   DEFAULT     rw- --- ---  F    'IRR.PWENV.KEYRING'
tcpmaint   DEFAULT     rw- --- ---  F    'IRR.PWENV.KEYRING.rdb'
tcpmaint   DEFAULT     rw- --- ---  F    'IRR.PWENV.KEYRING.sth'
tcpmaint   DEFAULT     rw- r-- r--  F    'LDAPssl_VM5.b64'

It looks to me as though only TCPMAINT is able to read & write to the
keyring files.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Dave