From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Dodds, Jim
Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 1:30 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: What we must do before we claim the zlinux server is in
production stage?

Bravo,

It is amazing that Opies here think that if you can back it up you can
restore. I don't know how many times they have not been able to restore
files and their solution is to change backup software. If that was to
happen with me on the mainframe side I would be unemployed. I agree with
Adam you should test a restore of a sample size of files from your
backups in my opinion at least quarterly and whenever the backup
parameters change.

Jim Dodds
Systems Programmer
Kentucky State University