Do you have an FTP server on z/OS?

You don't mention it in your email.

________________________________

From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Martin, Terry R. (CMS/CTR) (CTR)
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 11:32 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: FTPSERVE on z/VM to z/OS

Hi

We have sent up the FTPSERVE in TCP/IP on z/VM 5.3. We tested it going
from z/VM to a PC first and it worked fine. My real goal to get it going
from the z/VM LPAR to one of my z/OS LPARS directly.

I was able to get on my z/OS LPAR and connect to the FTPSERVE on the
z/VM LPAR and FTP data fine. The problem is that when I try to go from
the z/VM LPAR to the z/OS LPAR it will not connect to the IP of the z/OS
LPAR. Is there some kind of routing that I am missing to go from z/VM to
z/OS directly?

Thank You,

Terry Martin

Lockheed Martin - Information Technology

z/OS & z/VM Systems - Performance and Tuning

Cell - 443 632-4191

Work - 410 786-0386

terry.ma...@cms.hhs.gov