re: CP requirement to accept wildcards for query commands

Playing devil's advocate:

Since the guest OS (CMS, Linux, whatever)  can readily solve the requirement
(especially when you guys start talking about shells, etc), why put it on
the hypervisor?

That's why IBM wrote CMS..  then REXX..  then PIPE ..

Playing devil's nemesis:

Hmmm...   look at USER_VOLUME_INCLUDE in SYSTEM CONFIG.....  is IBM gonna
support wild cards for volume labels or not?  Consistency, consistency..

I guess I didn't really help much..  hey - I'm a Gemini - I'm divided by
nature..

Scott