From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Mike At HammockTree
Sent: Thursday, July 02, 2009 10:47 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: First OSA config.

The first question, Bob, is "Why are you using OSASF at all??"
OSASF is not needed/used by the ICC port of the OSA.
If you change your definition of the other port (PCHPID 110) to OSD and
run
in QDIO mode you won't need OSASF.   You can have zVM and multiple
guests
all use/share that port witth no OSASF.  zVM could have ports 1460-1461,

guest 1 could have 1462-1463, guest 3 could have 1464-1465, etc....   Of

course you will have to change your zvm and guest TCP/IP definitions to
use
QDIO  mode, but that is generally very simple  and this avoids the
complications of OSASF.
Of course, the zVM folks here will also probably point out that you
could
just define a VSWITCH and connecct the port to that and then  connect
the
zVM IP stack and all the guersts to that VSWITCH.

This all does assume that your guests will support QDIO mode.  Old
systems
may present a problem.

Mike