From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of Rich Smrcina
Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 6:17 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: [IBMVM] z/VM 6.1 - IBM Preview Letter..

Ivan Warren wrote:
> Found this little link in my weekly announcement summary :
>
> http://www.ibm.com/vrm/newsletter_10576_5350_121006_email_DYN_1IN/fremt106679968
>

> Basically, it's z/VM 6.1.. Don't know if anyone had said anything
> about it previously..
>
> Anyway.. the most striking "feature" I see in this literature is that
> z/VM 6.1 is ... z10 ONLY !
>
> --Ivan

Did you miss this?

    * *z/VM Single System Image*

      IBM intends to provide capabilities that permit multiple z/VM
      systems to collaborate in order to provide a single system image.
      This is planned to allow all z/VM member systems to be managed,
      serviced, and administered as one system across which workloads
      can be deployed. The single system image is intended to share
      resources among all member systems.

    * *z/VM Live Guest Relocation*

      IBM intends to further strengthen single system image support by
      providing live guest relocation. This is planned to provide the
      capability to move a running Linux virtual machine from one single
      system image member system to another. This is intended to further
      enhance workload management across a set of z/VM systems and to
      help clients avoid planned outages for virtual servers.

--
Rich Smrcina
Phone: 414-491-6001

Catch the WAVV! http://www.wavv.org