Joe,

I usually put all IBM products on the 3 "res" packs provided.
I then put all the 3rd party products on there own packs and
then put "USERS" on another set of packs and LINUX on another set.

I like to keep them separate that way and also I provide separate sections
of the "USER DIRECT" also

good luck

Bill Munson
Sr. z/VM Systems Programmer
Brown Brothers Harriman & CO.
525 Washington Blvd.
Jersey City, NJ 07310
201-418-7588

joe.dipi...@frit.frb.org
07/08/2009 05:03 PM
Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
DFSMS/VM Minidisk Placement

When installing DFSMS/VM RMSONLY, where does one usually place the
minidisks described in Chapter 5 of the Program Directory? On the system
5xxw01/5xxw02 or on an installation defined volume? Looking for help with
best practices...

Joseph Di Pippo
Operating Systems Programmer III
FRIT Computing Services
Hardware Support
1-201-531-3820

*************************** IMPORTANT
NOTE***************************** The opinions expressed in this
message and/or any attachments are those of the author and not
necessarily those of Brown Brothers Harriman & Co., its
subsidiaries and affiliates ("BBH"). There is no guarantee that
this message is either private or confidential, and it may have
been altered by unauthorized sources without your or our knowledge.
Nothing in the message is capable or intended to create any legally
binding obligations on either party and it is not intended to
provide legal advice. BBH accepts no responsibility for loss or
damage from its use, including damage from virus.