Meant this to go to the list...stupid GMAIL.

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 10:13 PM, Jan Canavan<canav...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Has anyone run across this error with Focus and CMS?
>
> I'm told this has been running "fine" since 1998.
>
> z/VM 5.3
>
> Focus Database Management/Query System  Information Builders    Install level
> =7.08R,7.11
>

> DMSITP143T Specification exception occurred at 030C0000 in system routine
> CONWAIT; re-IPL CMS
> HCPGIR450W CP entered; disabled wait PSW 000A0000 80F3F692

Given the address listed, I'm guessing CONWAIT isn't really involved:
the virtual machine was in CONWAIT waiting for an interrupt and loaded
a bad PSW (probably odd).

If it's reproducible, I'd run with TRACE PROG 6 CMD VMDUMP 0-END DSS
and see if IBI or IBM will look at the dump (well, *I* would look at
it myself, but I've spent a lot of time in the bowels of CMS, which
I'm guessing you haven't).

Note that running with that TRACE isn't very expensive, so if it's an
interrmittent failure, you might be able to run with it until it does
re-occur. Just be sure that the PROG6 you see is a real one, not
something testing to see if a feature is available (and trapping the
exception and continuing)!