Whilst I think the performance hits kill this stone dead, I wouldn't expect
any Endian bugs. Much initial work was done on older MAC's which are I
believe BIG endian. I have a Sun Ultra 60 SPARC workstation, also big endian
and run Hercules on that with no issues. There again I have only run the
OS's that are legal in my domain on this, and rely on the generosity of list
members for access to zVM Systems so the latest and greatest may not work...

Doesn’t IBM offer some zVM access to developer partners?

> And why would one want to? Most relevant things in z/VM 6.1 will be
> retrofitted to z/VM 5.1 anyway (and the rest would depend on aspects
> that might even require another z/VM in between :-)
>
> Rob

Dave
G4UGM