On Jul 29, 2009, at 1:50 AM, Dave Wade wrote:

I seem to recall it being mentioned somewhere that after the PSI debacle IBM amended the license terms to specifically prohibit the use of zVM under
Emulation of any kind thus closing this loophole.

Even if it's on the same processor? That would surprise me. After all, you are already allowed to nest your z/VM instances as deep as you like (if this were to change, it would break pretty much everyone's upgrade process, wouldn't it?). Whether or not some of the intervening layers are Linux doesn't seem like it should matter, but strange are the ways of licenses.

Adam