I am really confused, trying to set up an APPC connection between two
performance toolkit machines.

the instructions I am reading are at:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/zvm/v5r4/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.zvm.v54.hcpl7/cbfapp.htm
They are full of AVS references, but I understood from this list that if the
systems are
connected by ISFC then AVS is not required (and I do not use it).

I have two systems, SYSA and SYSB.
They are connected with ISFC over a CTCA.
I want *either* one to be able to collect from the other,
but let's start with getting B to collect from A.

I created these files:

 FCONRMT  SYSTEMS  :
* SYSTEM DEFINITION FILE FOR REMOTE MONITORING
*--------------------------------------------------
*NODE-ID  PERFKIT-ID  VM-TYPE  APPEND  NICKNAME
*|        |           |        |       |
SYSB      PERFSVM     Z.VM5.3  N       FCXRES_B
SYSA      PERFSVM     Z.VM5.3  N       FCXRES_A

 FCONRMT  AUTHORIZ :
**--------------------------------------------------------------
** Authorization file for local and remote performance data
** retrieval and command execution.
**--------------------------------------------------------------
*Node-ID  User-ID   Authorized for ..
*|        |         |
SYSB      PERFSVM   S&FSERV DATA
SYSA      PERFSVM   S&FSERV DATA
*
SYSB      PERFSVM   CMD DATA
SYSA      PERFSVM   CMD DATA
*

When I start up PERFSVM I get this message:
FCXAPC523E Resource 'FCXRES_B' not available

(I get it about _A too, but I have not yet touched that system)

I tried adding this resource to the directory entry:

IUCV *IDENT FCXRES_B GLOBAL

but that did not help.

The UCOMDIR instructions all talk about AVS stuff, so I do not understand
what might be needed in an ISFC environment.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Shimon